November 4, 2021
The Traffic21/Mobility21 University Transportation Center Deployment Partner Consortium Symposium kicked off earlier today with the Mobility21 UTC Director, Raj Rajkumar, providing a welcome and an overview of updates on activities and plans at the Mobility21 National University Transportation Center.
The keynote speaker for 2021 Symposium was Yassmin Gramian, Secretary of Transportation, Pennsylvania Department of Transportation.
The Symposium’s first panel focused on Equity/Justice and Mobility. The panel was moderated by Stan Caldwell and featured:
- Ben Bear, CEO, Spin
- Carol Lewis, Chair, Transportation Research Board, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Irene Marion, Director, Department of Civil Rights, DOT
- Beth Osborne, Director, Transportation for America
The second panel focused on Environment/Climate Change and Mobility. The panel was moderated by Chris Hendrickson and featured:
- Rachael Nealer, Deputy Director for Transportation Technology and Policy at White House Council on Environmental Quality
- Rohan Patel, Senior Global Director, Public Policy and Business Development, Tesla
- Kelsey Owens, Environmental Protection Specialist, US Department of Transportation
The Symposium also featured 7 research and academic project presentations, comprising the UTC Academic and Research Showcase. The projects allowed for a brief Q&A with the researchers upon the conclusion of their video presentation.
Over 130 people from academia, government, community and industry registered to attend the symposium. View the full list of presenters and videos of the sessions here.