November 3, 2021
A talented group of national leaders comprising the Carnegie Mellon University Traffic21 Institute and Mobility21 National University Transportation Center’s Advisory Council, assembled today for their annual meeting.
Mobility21 UTC Director, Raj Rajkumar welcomed the group and provided an overview of updates of activities and plans.
The remaining time was spent in roundtable discussions, where council members were joined by Mobility21 UTC researchers and focused on:
Equity/Justice and Mobility
- Sarah Fox, CMU
- Erick Guerra, PENN
- Allante Whitmore, CMU
Environment/Climate Change and Mobility
- Katherine Flanigan, CMU
- Corey Harper, CMU
- Jeremy Michalek, CMU
- Sean Qian, CMU
The next annual meeting of the Advisory Council will be in November 2022.
# # #
The Mobility21 team is a tight collaboration among Carnegie Mellon University (Lead), the University of Pennsylvania, the Ohio State University and the Community College of Allegheny County, and brings to bear the reach and scale of all four institutions.
Tackling the multi-faceted nature of Traffic21 and Mobility21 objectives requires coordinated research, education, workforce development and technology transfer. This work is supported by researchers spanning multiple disciplines such as engineering, computer science and robotics, public policy, urban design, information systems and data analytics.
The distinguished Advisory Council of national leaders provides strategic guidance and counsel. Advisory Council members include:
- Amanda Ballantyne, Director, AFL-CIO Technical Institute
- Raymond T. Betler, former President and CEO of Wabtec Corporation
- Rebecca M. Brewster, President and Chief Operating Officer of the American Transportation Research Institute
- Robin Chase, Co-founder Zipcar, Veniam, NUMo
- Ty Gourley, Vice President of the Hillman Family Foundations
- Yassmin Gramian, Secretary of Transportation, PennDOT
- Charles L. Hammel III, President and owner, PITT OHIO Express
- Ashley Hand, Co-founder CityFi; formerly Transportation Technology Strategist Fellow for Los Angeles
- Katharine Kelleman, Chief Executive Officer at Port Authority of Allegheny County
- Jane Lappin, former Director, Public Policy & Government Affairs, Toyota Research Institute
- Ken McLeod, Policy Director at The League of American Bicyclist
- James A. Misener, Senior Director, Product Management at Qualcomm and former Director of UC Berkley PATH
- David Roger, President of the Hillman Family Foundations
- Paul Skoutelas, President and Chief Executive Officer of The American Public Transportation Association
- Kirk Steudle, Senior Vice President of the Econolite Transportation Systems Group and subsidiary CAVita, and former Director of Michigan Department of Transportation
- Vincent Valdes, Executive Director, Southwestern PA Commission
Learn more about the Advisory Council members here.