In a new year, people often resolve to take action to better themselves: learning a new language, or parking a few blocks away from work to get in a little extra exercise. At Volpe, The National Transportation Systems Center, we are always trying to better our transportation systems, but we’re excited to be taking action on six emerging issues this year.
- Advanced automation and emerging technologiesBreakthroughs in safety
- Data analytics, visualization, and real-time decision making.
- Transportation energy and sustainability
- Transportation system resiliency
- On-demand mobility, smart cities, and livable communities