The National Transportation Safety Board recently called for a renewed effort to implement safety recommendations on its Most Wanted List of Transportation Safety Improvements.
The NTSB’s current Most Wanted List, issued in 2021, consists of 10 areas where safety can be improved by implementing open NTSB recommendations. The current list, which serves to focus the agency’s congressionally mandated advocacy efforts, has been extended through 2023.
Five of the 10 areas on the Most Wanted List focus on road safety.
The highway-related items on the NTSB’s Most Wanted List include:
– Implement a Comprehensive Strategy to Eliminate Speeding-Related Crashes
– Protect Vulnerable Road Users through a Safe System Approach
– Prevent Alcohol- and Other Drug-Impaired Driving
– Require Collision-Avoidance and Connected-Vehicle Technologies on all Vehicles
– Eliminate Distracted Driving