The Make My Trip Count survey inquired whether people use car, bus, bike, light rail, walking or other modes of transportation to get to work. Key results are:
- 34% of people reported that they use more than one mode of transportation per week.
- More than 61 million commuter miles logged traveling into Downtown and Oakland.
- Less than half of respondents drive to work alone.
- A quarter take public transportation.
- Nearly 10 percent bike, walk, or telecommute.
- The majority of respondents were females between 25 and 34 years old.
- Most respondents self-identified as working in education, healthcare, and finance.